11/18/2006

Lazy days

Well, it's 11 in the morning and Mike and I just managed to wake up and get ourselves out of our toasty bed. Mike is currently in the kitchen making breakfast like a good wif...err...husband. ;) I've been the one who cooks a majority of the time but here lately Mike has been exploring his culinary side and I'm here to say, I LIKE it! Ok, mostly I like not having to cook all the time - it's fun for awhile but then it gets old. I still cook dinner most nights - the long drive from Indiana puts him home around 6pm lately and if he cooks after he gets home it's really late before he eats. I don't mind. I've been having fun broadening my own cooking horizons lately. I used to never do meat - other than loose ground beef or bacon. I didn't eat other kinds of meat and I didn't know how to cook it. Plus the thought of touching raw meat just kinda grossed me out. The either the death of my mom or my approaching birthday (I'll be 25 again, btw) - made me stop and think, "Hey, you're an adult now! Get over it!" I still have not been able to stick my hand under the skin of a roasting chicken to season it...I know it's dead and can't feel it but I watched one of the cooking shows do it and it made me want to gag. BUUUUUUUT, I have been buying meat in bulk and putting it into baggies to freeze for later use. Am I rambling? I think I'm rambling...what was I talking about? Oh, yeah. Mike cooking.

The other night, Mike and I tag teamed to cook up a delish Chicken Caesar salad...after which he told his mom that, "Cindi helped me make it." I cut the lettuce, I covered it in dressing, garlic and parmesan cheese and I seasoned the chicken and started grilling it. Mike took over once it had started cooking and then I chopped up the grilled chicken and added it to my be-ee-ay-uuutiful salad creation. Yes, I know...my life is boring. Get over it. ;)

What else is new...well, there's still Mike's news which he has yet to announce. He's going to have to blog about it sometime - I just can't get him to do it.

The other day Mike made fun of me for printing out a poem called "as freedom is a breakfastfood" by e.e. cummings but I still hold that it is a great poem. It's one I like a lot. I've decided to "decorate" the bedroom with poetry. It's such an odd shape with a low ceiling, so it's hard to find things to put on the walls. I'm going to print out poems on different colored paper and put them up around the room to brighten it up a little bit. Maybe print out some pictures - I'm fairly excited about it. The best part being that if it looks bad, I can always just take it off! Low cost, low maintenance - no worries.

Anywho, must dash! My hashbrowns, bacon and toast smell done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you ramble, Cindi!! Love your poetry decorating ideas, too!! We must be kindred souls along with Kelly!! (I love e. e. cummings, too)