11/14/2006

Did you know #1 - Cindi

Did you know that when I was about four, my Granny inadvertently terrorized me for over a month? My mom had just had my little brother, Matt and I was really curious about babies. I'm sure I was asking her some questions that I wasn't old enough to have answered about where babies come from. So, to answer me, she simply said that God knows when you're ready to have a baby and gives the mommy one in her belly. This is actually probably a fairly decent answer for a four year old but (to me anyway) she made it sound like it just happened to people indiscriminately. One day, you woke up pregnant! I was terrified! Every night for at least a month when I prayed, I would say, "And God, please don't give me a baby. I'm just a little girl." Then finally, I decided I'd made my point and I could let down my guard.

So, just a note - if you're going to try a similar approach someday, you might want to be just a bit more specific.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! that's so funny!!!!

hmmm...did you know that mike used to use a turkey baster as a microphone (i think that's the utensil it was) and he called it his "do da"????

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, I can picture you lying in your bed, praying to God in your little girl voice...sweet! And thanks for the hint!