6/29/2007

Random Baby Sightings

So Mikey and I finished up the monumental task of laundering nearly our entire wardrobes after the flood in our laundry room and bedroom. I would like to clarify that we did not have all of our clothes on the floor. The water seeping into our hope chest, knocked over our hampers and soaked into the clothes we had sitting in laundry baskets. Not all of our clothes had gotten wet but even the dry ones smelled funky from being in such close proximity to the muddy, gross ones. I thought about it after I re-read what I had written and was afraid it sounded like all of our clothes were on the floor. Not the case.

Anyway, we loaded up our last few loads of laundry to head to Bubbleland and decided to grab a bite to eat before we went over. We decided to go to a little bar and grill near our old place called Streetside. We called Matthew to see if he wanted to go with but there was no answer. I called Sarah then because she lives nearby and because we had one of Lyric's little red crocs in the back seat of our car. Again no answer. "Oh, well," I thought, "I'll call them later and see if they want to come over for dinner another night." It was amazingly easy to find a parking spot outside of the bar. We were literally a few feet from the entrance. Very nice. Then we stepped inside and who should we see?! Lyric and Sarah! They were sitting with our friend Paul, having a cocktail (A mimosa for Sarah...7-up and water for Lyric) while they waited for their laundry to be done next door. Lyric lit up when she saw us and snuggled up against me with her head on my chest while she flirted with Mike over my shoulder. I love that kid.


Paul headed home shortly after we arrived and Sarah and Lyric came to sit with us for a bit while they finished their drinks. Mike and I ordered food and we all chatted until the food arrived. Lyric tested out my french fries to make sure they were edible. We oooh and aaahed over the fact that she peed in her big girl potty twice today. Starting next week she'll be in training pants. I was a little sad that she is getting so big, even though I'm not a huge fan of changing diapers. It was decided that they'd be coming over for dinner tomorrow night, regardless of the fact that our clothes are all in the living room, stacked in laundry baskets and storage containers. Then as they were leaving, Lyric signed "I love you" to me in her baby sign language...which made me want to scoop her up and take her home even more than I always do.

Tomorrow I have promised to move the storage containers and laundry baskets into the spare bedroom so Mike isn't as "embarrassed" about the state of our house right now. We can't put them away yet because we still have the moving of all of our bedroom furniture to look forward to in the next couple of days. New carpet has to be put down and we'll have to dismantle all of our things and put them back together. No sense putting the clothes away until that's done. I don't suppose anyone feels like a trip to Chicago this weekend? We could use the help. No? Ah, well. It was worth a shot. :D

Well, I'm calling it a night for now. Lots to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of you and Lyric, Cindi, sooooo cute, she looks like she could be your little girl! And just think: when (notice I did not say 'if') you teach your own little one baby sign language, he/she will sign 'I love you' to you all the time!! Just a thought! =]