6/06/2007

Galleria

Look! I'm knitting. This is the beginning of a prayer shawl for Okima. Before you start to knit, you say a prayer for the well being of the recipient and then, as you knit, you think about them - continuing to pray and/or send well wishes. The idea is that your prayers and wishes for the recipient are knitted into the shawl and will surround them as they wear it. I tabled the blue fuzzy one I was knitting for Sara's future baby for now. It won't take me very long to do that one, especially since I've got it started.

So Mike and I ordered a new digital camera from Dell. We actually already have one but because it belonged to my mom, we lack the software to connect it to the computer as well as the cord to do so. They may be located somewhere in my mom's house but if they are, she took their location to the grave with her. Or the box, I guess...since she was cremated. I had tried to contact the company and see if it was possible to get these things and was told that it was an obsolete model for which they don't have things anymore. Whatever. We've been having to take pictures, take the memory card and print out all the pictures, scan them, edit them and then publish them on the blog or email them. The method works but it's slow, annoying and fairly expensive. Printing out all your pictures really adds up! Anyway, Dell was having a sale (when aren't they, right?) on digital cameras and I talked Mike into updating our technology for bargain prices. Today I was playing with it and taking pictures of various ricketa-racketa around our apartment. I call this one "No escape."

Yeah, that's right - our marriage license is on the fridge right now. You know, we had it in a frame and all but when Mike switched jobs, we had to have it so often that he wouldn't put it back in the frame when he got back home because he'd have to take it out to show it to somebody else. I made him put it somewhere where it wouldn't get wrinkled or ripped and the fridge became home base. Now we're just too lazy to put it back in the frame. The frame is sitting on top of the fridge as we speak. But I can't be bothered.

3 comments:

SaNdY said...

The prayer shawl idea is a lovely one, Okima is very lucky to have you praying/knitting for her...I also like the idea of the marriage license hanging on the fridge, it's a good way to remind each other that you're in this thing together!

Football and Fried Rice said...

The prayer shawl is a very thoughtful idea & especially meaningful right now for your friend...she will appreciate that you are praying for you & caring for her so much. It kind of has the same implication as the 100 wishes quilt...I can't believe that you are knitting one for us too! we are so blessed to have you in our lives:D

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

i, personally, like the marriage certificate on the fridge. ours is in the safe deposit box at the bank. not handy but practical. i'd like to see ours now and then.