6/30/2007

Anniversary Pictures - 04/22/07

My eyes are closed here because the wind just blew some of the COLD fountain water onto my back. Mike caught me in the split second before I said, "Oh, crap!" and ran. It was April and the water was fuh-ree-zee-ing.

This is me splashing around with the other kids. Mike found it incredibly amusing that I wanted to take my shoes off and get my tootsies wet. What can I say - it was a really nice, warm day outside...even if it was frigid water we were splashing in.

Mike, seen here about to open his roast beef picnic sandwich. Those girls you can almost see next to us were SO annoying. I must be getting old because they were college age girls and every time they said things like, "Oh, like, me too." or "Oh my Gawd, tohtuhlee" (which they did constantly) - I wanted to throw something at them.


I love this picture because every time I look at it, I think, "I live in Chicago." Which I am constantly amazed and thrilled about. I adore Chicago. I know that Chicago is not the center of the universe even though most of us who live here do seem to feel like it is. I have become such a Chicago snob. Suggest to me a trip to the suburbs and I will generally make a face while I think to myself, "The suburbs? What for?" I have no idea why this is. I don't feel that way about Detroit. I PREFER the suburbs of Detroit.

But, one of the things I love the most about living in Chicago is that I can hop on a bus and in 15-30 minutes, I'm there. In this beautiful park across from the tallest sky-scrapers, a short walk from the beach and, as far as I'm concerned, at the center of the universe.

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

oh, you city girl!! looks like a nice anniversary luncheon! So happy for you guys :0)