6/18/2007

Big Haircut

I got a haircut today. I've been wanting to do something with my hair for ages and I decided that today was the day. I broke out the digital camera to record the before and after shots.

BEFORE - My hair is still wet and messy here but Mike was hassling me to get around and get ready so I didn't dare take the time to blow dry my hair. I pulled the towel off my head and had him snap a before shot for me. Apparently the before-and-after picture idea really scared Mike, as he forlornly asked me in the car how much hair I was getting cut off. I promised it would be a minimum. AFTER - And here I am two hours later. I've been highlighted, layered, blowdried and snipped. I'm quite happy with it but my mom would have hated it. Apparently asymmetrical bangs are all the rage this season and I told Marisol, the cute little Puerto Rican lady who cut my hair, that I didn't care too much about what the bangs looked like...so long as I had bangs. I like them, I guess...they do take a little getting used to but my mom would never have been able to get over the bangs. "Your bangs aren't straight. Why would you leave the shop without making sure your bangs were straight?" In fact, she's probably looking down at me right now, telling all and sundry that my bangs aren't straight.


AND THIS - this is just me messing around with the digital camera taking pictures of myself while Mike was changing for dinner. I thought my eyes looked really nice in this one.

But my bangs aren't straight.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

cute haircut! and who needs straight bangs anyway?? bangs - that's a funny word. bangs bangs bangs.

she bangs she bangs! thank you william hung.

ugh. i only got about 2 hours of sleep last night...can you tell?

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

the bangs are good. your eyes are beautiful. the highlights- don't notice so much. your hair is always very blonde. luckily, you aren't!

Football and Fried Rice said...

"straight" is somewhat over-rated; just ask any artist, or 5 year old, in my case! Looks great!!

Charlie said...

It looks great! and I don't think your Mother would have minded after the initial shock wore off! She has been known to experment with her hair from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut!! You just can't mess with cute!! Schmikey should be happy, too...note to Kelly: we should all call our bangs 'fringe' instead, that's what the Brits call them!