6/12/2007

The joy of having family

It's nice to know that you have someone you can always count on. I have a lot of people that I know I can count on but I thought I'd give a little credit where credit is due and where it doesn't always get recognized.

On January 18th, I started a special "group" on gratefulness.org in order that anyone who wants to can light a candle in memory of my mom. The candles burn for 48 hours and I decided that I'd try and light one every day so that I could keep my mom's "group" active. The problem? I'm terrible at remembering to visit every day. I do a fair job of visiting to relight a candle before my old one goes out but I don't always make it every 48 hours. I don't worry about it, though. Jeff always makes it every day and has never let me down yet. Even this week, which was crazy. It's been probably a week since I lit a candle but when I clicked onto the site, Jeff had been there. It's nice to know that I can count on him to keep up with it when I forget. Thanks, Jeff. :D

In other news, my dad's going to be a Grandpa again. No, it's not me. Put down your credit card, Sandy - and you can close that Baby's R Us window. One of my mom's weiner dogs, Scarlett (the red one on the far right), is pregnant! Dad had this to say when he e-mailed me, "Wouldn't your Mom have been THRILLED? I'd have had a hard time getting her to part with any of them when they were old enough." That's too true. So in two or three months, he'll have puppies to give away. I don't think he'll be able to sell them because my mom died before she got Otis (the father weiner) registered - or at least, he won't be able to sell them for full price. They are 100% weiner dog, though. I'm hoping Uncle Mike and Aunt Linda will help him out with locating new puppy owners. You don't want to give them to just anybody. I'd love to have one but I still can't have a dog yet. Maybe Dad will keep one for me until I get a place that lets us have a dog...of course that was the deal we struck when I brought home Delilah. He's still got Delilah. Too bad Mom's not around...I could have talked her into that no problem. :D Let's see...if they're born the end of June/early July, they won't be ready to go until September-ish anyway. Our lease is up in October...we could probably swing that. Hrm...something to think about. Mike will be the hard sell. Well, and the cats. Furio will probably demand a "sit down."

I hope he doesn't make me an offer I can't refuse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd love to have a wienner puppy but samson is only 7 months old and already poops bigger than a full grown wienner.

Anonymous said...

I am very glad to hear your dad's good news, especially because it would have made your mom so happy, I have a feeling she'll be smiling down on Scarlett and Otis' little puppies! And I promise to stay away from the Babies R Us website till you and Mike are good and ready....the very best things are worth waiting for, and I am a patient woman!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

who is samson? i am thrilled to know that scarlett and our boy otis finally got it together. he never gave up hope. now he'll probably get chloe and tallulah,too! you know, you never get enough of a good thing. your dad will be swamped with puppies. your mom would LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

samson is jeff and jens great dane. after further consideration we have decided we'd love an ankle biter in the house to go with the husky, bull mastiff and the great dane.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Congrats!!!! Anonymous will be one lucky family cuz these little ankle biters are 100% homegrown weinnies. They will be gorgeous. I sent anonymous a rescue plea about a week or so ago. Did he get it? I never heard back from either end. A weiner dog will rule the roost, if it is a female!!!! They are just that way.

Anonymous said...

oh my, all this talk about "weiners"...too funny..."the father weiners..."