3/23/2007

Say goodbye

Say good-bye to Mike's 20's! We are on a 12 hour countdown now. I do enjoy when Mike's birthday arrives - if only because it stops him from "tormenting" me about being older.

Mike: How old are you again?

Me: Shutty!

Mike: No...I really want to know. How old are you now?

Me: 25.

Mike: And how old am I?

Me: 30.

Mike: That's not right! (He leans in and gets all up in my grill here) You're OOOOOOLDER. If you're 25, I'd be 24!

(pause)

Mike: So how old are you again?

Me: (sigh) 30.

Mike: And how old am I?

Me: 29.

Mike: Ha! I rule you! (Ok, I made this part up.)

But no more! In a few hours we'll be the same age and the universe will resume its axis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - but it does kinda suck to have to admit you'll now be in your early 30's.

Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKEY!!! STO LAT, STO LAT!
LOVE, AUNTY BREN

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm old enough to be the mom of a 30 year old....anybody with me on this???
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, MIKEY-O!!!! You were a sweet baby, a great kid, and now, you're a man who makes your whole family proud!!! LOVE YOU!!!