3/08/2007

I quit the blog again

But I only quit for a few days this time. Every time I'd start to write something before all I would be able to talk about is how much I hate people and wish they'd all drop off the face of the earth. This has been for a few reasons.

1. Finals - hate 'em
2. Stupid birthday party - big mess now. Wish I'd never had the idea sometimes. Mike can't decide what we should do at the party...he only knows that he hates any ideas I've come up with. He shoots them down and then will ask me the next day, "So what are we going to do/eat at the party?" Small prospective turn out at first made me feel undervalued - have decided to make this a positive...will save money!
3. Feel unappreciated. No reason...general ugly depression has descended and left me with "Nobody loves me" feelings.
4. Have lost cell phone in house. I had it when I came home Tuesday night but the battery was almost dead. Didn't notice where I set it down and now it's dead and I can't call it to figure out where it is. It's in a coat pocket or a bag or under a stack of school papers somewhere. Stupid cell phones. I had it with me on the way home because I had called Mike to let him know where I was - I just was distracted and didn't watch where I put it. On the positive side, I pulled out my old one and it looks like it will work if I buy new battery for it. So if worse comes to worse, I'm still ok.
5. Writing teacher gave me a lower grade on my case brief saying my legal issue "needed revision" even though it was the right issue - she didn't like the way I worded it...which was straight out of the case, by the way. But then she gave another student (who had an extra wrong issue) an A. How is it an A if you have a wrong issue but not when you have the right one? This is reason I didn't watch where I set down cell phone - I was so mad about this that I was foaming at the mouth.
6. Don't know what to get Mike for birthday. Don't have any money of own to do this and feel awkward buying gift for him with his own money. Yes, I know it's "our" money but he's earning all of it right now.
7. Stupid birthday - don't want to have birthday without Mom. This is the crux of entire depression.

But then today, I was doing some stuff around the house with the satellite radio playing on the tv. I flipped to Hair Nation just in time to hear "Final Countdown" beginning. This restored some of my good humor as it has become a bit of a joke between Mike and I. I was talking about my birthday, the party and turning thirty and he started to sing/hum the beginning to "Final Countdown." Then every time I would think about what/when/where to have the party, I would realize after a few minutes that I was hearing the song in my head. I finally gave in and downloaded it from Itunes.

Ok - good mood's over. Fair warning - I am thoroughly unpleasant at this point in time. I strive to be in a better mood when Andrea, Bob and Kristie arrive but until then I make no promises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comments/Rebuttals:
1. I agree, let's ban finals!
2. Well, you've been talking about and wanting this party for a while, now (29 years?!) I hope you have a great time at your party..
3. For what it's worth, I appreciate you, and I know many others do, too...
4. You found it! Yay!
5. Writing teacher needs to be reprimanded for this infraction!! That is totally not fair! And I'm extremely sensitive about fairness right now! Lady at the airport in Charlotte yesterday is allowed to go thru the X-ray screening with a bulging large bag full of her bottles of liquid,(no way to tell what she had in there, and she wasn't able to close the bag) but I'm the one who gets pulled out of line for having my bottles clearly visible, but in a gallon size zip-loc bag, screener tells me only quart size bags are allowed...
6. An I.O.U. may the perfect gift for Mike's 30th...I know he'll understand..
7. This is the one I really wish I had an answer for...

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't you dare think we'll let you be in a bad mood when we get to town!

But until then I guess Mike will just have to deal. Sorry. :p