2/05/2008

The Soundtrack of My Life

I could have totally done this list solely in Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers songs, but I tried to mix it up a little bit.

Opening credits: Saving Grace – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Waking up: Don’t Panic - Coldplay
Average day: No Rain – Blind Melon
First date: All I Want is You – U2
Falling in love: Storybook Love – Willy DeVille
Fight Scene: Bodies – Drowning Pool
Breaking up: Memory - Sugarcult
Revenge: Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
Getting back together: Always – Bon Jovi
Secret Love: You Might Think - Cars
Life's okay: Good Life - Jettingham
Mental breakdown: My Name is Jonas - Weezer
Giving praise: Day By Day - the Godspell Soundtrack
Driving: Life is a Highway – either version
Learning a lesson: It’ll All Work Out – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Deep thought: Little Wonders – Rob Thomas/ Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
Flashback: Remember When - Alan Jackson
Partying: Malaguena Salerosa - Chingon
Happy dance: Beyond the Sea – Bobby Darin
Regretting: I’ve Got To Get A Message To You – the Bee Gees
Long night alone: Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
Death scene: Softly, As I Leave You – Bobby Darin (Elvis version also acceptable)
Closing credits: You and I Will Meet Again – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love so many of those songs!! I am sure that you had a front row seat to Tom Petty at the half time show, huh??

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I concur. Tom Petty pretty much says it all.....

SaNdY said...

Good choices, Cindi!! I'm not familiar with them all, but I feel proud that I contributed your Happy Dance song! :D