2/05/2008

Inspirato!

I enjoyed reading everyone's soundtrack to your life, so I decided to make my own. I made my own guideline that I would only use an artist once and try to use songs and artists that most people would know. Without further ado, here it is:

Opening credits - Story of My Life by Social Distortion (I probably broke rule #2 already on this one)
Waking up - 3 Little Birds by Robert Nesta Marley (don't worry about a ting, mon)
Average Day - Good Times, Bad Times by Led Zeppelin
1st Date - I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
Falling in Love - When it's Love by Van Halen/Hagar
Fight Scene - any Rage Against the Machine track would do, but specifically, Killing in the Name
Breaking Up - Please Remember Me by Tim McGraw
Revenge - Buenas Tardes Amigo by Gene and Dean Ween (broke rule #2 again...fyi, it's about getting revenge against a killed brother)
Getting Back Together - Dude (I Totally Miss You) by Tenacious D (Jack Black & Kyle Gass)
Secret Love - You're Beautiful by James Blunt (no I don't like this song, but it's catchy and it fits)
Life's Okay - Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding (one of my absolute favorite songs)
Mental Breakdown - Paranoid by Black Sabbath
Giving Praise - Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
Driving - The Distance by Cake
Learning a Lesson - Teach Your Children by Crosby Stills Nash and (sometimes) Young
Deep Thought - A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum (I have absolutely no clue what this song is about)
Flashback - Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen
Partying - All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight by Hank Jr.
Happy Dance - Praise You by Fatboy Slim
Regretting - The Freshmen by Verve Pipe
Long Night Alone - Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers (kinda obvious choice)
Death Scene - The Crystal Ship by The Doors
Closing Credits - Shine On Part 1 through 9 by Pink Floyd (them's some long credits)

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

WOW! Spectacular, well-thought out list......
Good to see you posting.

SaNdY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaNdY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaNdY said...

Great job, Mike! I thought this was Cindi's list...until I scrolled down and saw HER list!!I'm not familiar with all those songs, but I love the choices from the late
60's: 'Whiter Shade of Pale' (just heard it yesterday on XM, and I thought I should have fit it into my list somehow! I, too, have no idea what it's about, but it takes me back to the 'good old days') and 'Crystal Ship' (just bought 'The Doors' CD last week, I had bought it when it was an record album in the 60's, and I nearly wore it out!!)