12/08/2006

Cry Baby Cry

I spent most of the day today in tears because I missed my mom so much.

Then I went to the City of Hammond's Christmas party with Mike and had a really great time chatting with everybody again. We got invited to a wedding in Mexico in a few months - and it will be SO cool if we can go. Just jet down for a weekend since we won't have actual vacation. Hopefully the airfare won't be too expensive and we can think about going.

Upon getting home I found a package from my dad sitting on my porch. Included were three packages of chocolate from Maxwell's...which is a holiday tradition story for another day. Also in the package was the ornament with my mom's name on it from the candlelight ceremony at the funeral home that held her memorial service.

And now I'm sniffling again.

"I'm grieving...it's a process. " - Billy Crystal in Analyze That

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's my chocolates at?

Anonymous said...

Quote from Dr. Annette Goodheart: 'Tears are not the pain, they are the healing'
Quote from Sandy:
'I'm hoping you are able to use your passport for the first time to go to that wedding in Mexico!'