10/28/2009

Why I Do My Job

I like my job, but it is sometimes rather thankless. Today I remembered why I do it. I'm assisting on a pro bono case (I do immigration work) which I, of course, can't really go into detail about. Today I talked to the man that we are representing and as we told him what we've done and what we will be doing in the next few weeks, he listened without much comment. Then, as we were ending the call he said, "I want you to know that I appreciate you - the hard work you are doing for me. I have nothing - I can give you nothing. But I want for God to give you everything."

Sometimes my job is wonderful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Man! That made me tear up a little. 'I want for God to give you everything' is pretty much the nicest thing you can say to anyone.

SaNdY said...

Lovely...makes it worth it, huh Cindi??

Kelly said...

awwwww.

Anonymous said...

That was really beautiful.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, seriously. I would LOVE for someone to say that to me..you are truly standing in a good place when someone wishes that for you ;)