4/04/2008

We Are Well

I know! I know! I haven't posted since March and it's almost the second week in April! I'm still sick and there's been an unpleasant revelation about my work place, which has led to Mike and I having to do some really serious thinking about what the right course of action for us will be. It's quite probably that my employers and I will soon be parting ways and we're examining our options. Please say a few extra prayers for us while we're searching and feeling our way through this situation.

In spite of this ugliness, we are well. With the knowledge that we may be under something of a financial crunch for a bit in the future, we've naturally been concerned. I asked my dad if he believes that people take care and/or watch out for you after their gone. He was non-committal about it. All I can say is that in this time when we are so concerned with our finances, we were blessed with an unexpected small-but-so-very-welcome windfall. The check was dated the day that everything became unpleasant at my work. We quickly put it in our savings account, leaving out enough to treat ourselves to a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant.

We had a delicious, stress-free dinner. Mike had ribs and shrimp and I had a delicious salad with my favorite blue cheese dressing. We laughed and talked and generally enjoyed each other's company. Reality will intrude soon enough...but for tonight....we are well. :D

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Mmmmmmmm.....I know people that ORDEr these online!! They look yummy!!

SaNdY said...

Put me down for believing that those that are gone do look out for those of us still here...next time I see you, I'll tell you why...sorry about your work situation...