4/05/2008

Friday's Feast (A Day Late)

Today I happened upon this website. I love this idea and so I'm (maybe) going to try and do it every Friday.

Appetizer

Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.

Ok, I can't do this one right now. I'll give it a think and update this later.

Soup
Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.

My friend Sarah jane. She has a great singing voice and her speaking voice is extremely soothing.

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?

I don't have a car, so I can't answer this about myself. But Mike keeps his car at about a 3. Seriously. For a man who is anal retentive about his house...his car's a pit. :D

Main Course
How do you feel about poetry?

Love it! Love, love, love, love it!

Morning by Mary Oliver

Salt shining behind its glass cylinder.
Milk in a blue bowl. The yellow linoleum.
The cat stretching her black body from the pillow.
The way she makes her curvaceous response to the small, kind gesture.
Then laps the bowl clean.
Then wants to go out into the world
where she leaps lightly and for no apparent reason across the lawn,
then sits, perfectly still, in the grass.
I watch her a little while, thinking:

what more could I do with wild words?
I stand in the cold kitchen, bowing down to her.
I stand in the cold kitchen, everything wonderful around me.

Dessert
What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?

Spring coming to Chicago! YaY!

And Mike...
As you can tell, he gets a little irritated with the consistency with which I continue to snap pictures of him. :D

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

THE BEACH!!! Gorgeous..can't wait to come!!!! The kids would love it!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Glad you're back . Sorry work is crappy. I, too, have kept up with Tricia. Donors are heroes.
The cat poem is cute. Neat to get an unexpected windfall. I think that those who have gone before us do look out for us.
Again, glad you are back and hope things pick up.