3/17/2008

We're Gonna Party Like It's Yo' Birfday

Today was a great day! Thank you to everyone who helped make it so! Thank you for the e-cards, blog "props" (Aunt Linda), emails, phone calls, snail mail cards and well-wishing comments. I had to work today, which bites...but it was alright, because Mike made it up to me by taking me out afterwards. I talked to my dear, dear friend Vitka over the weekend and invited her out with us tonight. She made room for us in her schedule and we went to Dave and Buster's after work.

Mike made me take a picture of him with his Guinness. I guess he wanted to prove to the world he was supporting the Irish. :D


Here we are. 31 year old Cindi with 30 year old Mike. Older woman - younger man...Scandalous!


Mike and Vitka.


My birthday dessert. They insisted on singing happy birthday to me, even though I asked them not to.


The birthday card that Vitka gave me. It made me laugh.


The inside of the card, which I had to include because she calls me "Cinda Blox," which Mike thinks is hilarious. He says that should be my rap name. MC Cinda Blox.


This was funny, too. I had my camera out and this random guy wanted me to take his picture with the wall of candy. When I did he was like, "Yeah, baby...now that's a real picture." Hilarious. You can see Mike laughing in the corner of this one, too.


Mike and I played a lot of skeeball.


And, as you can see, Mike's pretty good at it!


And so is Vitka. She's so loveably silly. Silly, silly Vitka.


At the end of the night, Mike and Vitka gave me all of their tickets that they won playing carnival games. We had 190 tickets, which was just enough to get me this beautiful pink fluffy-topped pen, which will no doubt fall apart in less than a week if I attempt to use it.


And now it's bedtime. I am too, too old now to be staying up all night. I have to work in the morning. Hope everyone had a safe, but festive St. Patrick's Day! Thanks again to everyone who thought of me on my birthday!

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like you were well-remembered by those that count. Your evenong looked to be a blast. Hope to see you sometime soon.
Love the Gilda Radnor quote. I've used it on a number of occasions to pick myself up....

Kelly said...

awww fun birthday! glad you had such a great day!

SaNdY said...

Me, 2!! :D

Oodooshoo said...

Thank you so much for inviting me! :-) I had a great time. You two keep me laughing!! I will send my pictures. Oh, our daughter says hello! ahahaha! :-)
Love,
Vitka

Football and Fried Rice said...

I feel like an a$$ for missing your birthday; even with the advance notification! I am a loser!!!! I will have to wait until something "feels right"!! Anything you are looking for from Colorado, sister?!?!?!?! Big Hugs!