3/16/2008

A Few Words and a Quote for Today

I have insomnia tonight and I miss my mom really, really bad. I should have expected it with my birthday coming up, but I'd been doing so well that I thought my birthday was going to come and go without missing-Mom-related sadness. Alas, it is not.

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." ~Gilda Radner

3 comments:

Jake and Taryn said...

Cindi,

Bless your heart. I can't imagine what you must be going through. There are so many people close to my heart that are struggling with loss right now and it just breaks my heart. I will certainly be praying for you.

Taryn

SaNdY said...

So sorry about your sadness, Cindi...That is a great quote from a wonderfully funny lady, it is so very true that you must take each moment and make the best of it, it's all any of us really have...did you know that Gilda was from Detroit?

Football and Fried Rice said...

Cindi,

I hope that your spirits are lifted soon, sister! I think if your hubby took you out for an expensive dinner & bought you a new handbag & maybe some matching shoes for your birthday - that you may smile!?!?!

Birthday Hugs!