4/22/2007

Anniversary Day!

It's Mike's and my anniversary! 11 years together - 1 year married. Our friend Leigh took us out for an anniversary brunch at Kitsch'n yesterday and today, beautiful today, we're taking a picnic lunch downtown to Millenium Park.

I'm trying not to be cranky. We were out until WAY too late last night...well, this morning. After we were out in the suburbs for the evening - going out to eat and what not - we ended up at our friend Sergio's. He just got Guitar Hero II for X-box and so we played that for HOURS. Plus drank anything that was left in the house, basically - and generally hung out. Mike kept saying, "We need to go soon." But somehow, Serg talked him into more Guitar Hero - or another beer. And when we finally walked out of his apartment, it was light outside. I was like, "No WAY." And so, Mike had to get up for guitar class today and he woke me up before he left because he wanted me to make the sandwiches and have the picnic ready to go when he gets home. So I'm going on about five hours of sleep and I can feel a touch of crankiness lurking beneath the surface. I'm sure when I get outside in all that sunshine, it'll *poof* disappear.

Besides...look how cute Mike is. :D How could I be anything but happy today?

ENJOY THE DAY! IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUT!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're bof cute!!! Have a great day, and a very Happy Anniversary picnic!!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the first year

jeff and jen

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Anniversary Cindi(&Mike)! I always knew that you would make some man very happy one day - and here it is. Congratulations.

Kelly said...

happy anniversary! what a beautiful day you guys got to have a picnic!

we had a beautiful day watching the tigers kick some chicago white sox butt!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH, my calendar is off! I thought your anniversary was this week....my how time flys!!!! Sorry I missed the big day, but please know that you are to be congratulated!!!! Those photos are the best!!! What a happy and fun time we had down yonder in beautiful Tennessee!! HAPPY HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY (just a few days late, or early..since I thought it was this week..hahahahaha!)