9/23/2010

September 23, 2010

Today I'm grateful for Sam, the Russian watch guy. He took the Tissot Seastar watch that Mike bought me on ebay for a steal, got a couple of extra links, and made it all spiffy for me.

My mom always wanted a watch with a blue face. She could never find one that she loved which also fit well. Ever since she died, I've also been on the lookout for the perfect blue-faced watch. It was my mom's quixotic quest and I somehow couldn't let it end without the Holy Grail of blue-faced watches being found!

When Mike showed up with this one, I was in love. But - it was super small, and whomever it had belonged to had sent it to Mike without the extra links they had removed. I worried that it would be difficult to get the fit right - and it was a real chore to get the two new links from the company. (It took quite a bit of time). Well the links are in and the deed is done and I am smitten. My mom would have been so jealous!

1 comment:

SaNdY said...

Very sweet story! ;-)