9/19/2010

September 19, 2010

Today I am grateful for God. (Pictures below were taken during Mass this afternoon.) RCIA begins tomorrow at our parish. And I'm on the team. I'm so excited that it may be a challenge sleeping tonight. I don't know why I'm so excited, but I can't wait! I suppose it's just the idea that I'll be guiding someone through their own spiritual journey.






And RCIA was so much fun for me! It's meeting new people and talking about God and how He has influenced my own life. It's kind of scary, too! It's a big responsibility - at least it is to me! And clearly the staff thinks so - they've given us homework...books on being an effective leader and how to talk to people about God.

Today in church it was the stewardship sign up. They left a list of ministries on the pews and asked that you take it home and see if God is calling you to "share your gifts" with the parish. After Mass, we ran into Luciano (the music director). It happened that Luciano had heard us talk about Mike's decent singing voice before. He asked me where Mike was and if he was at all interested in joining the choir, since they were desperate for male singers. I said I wasn't sure, but Luciano said he'd talk to him. I prepped Mike before hand - I was sure that Mike was going to think I'd sold him out. Mike laughed and told Luciano that he'd come choir practice for awhile and sing in the choir at the 10 a.m. masses. Then Luciano turned on me and convinced me that I should sing, too - since I'll be at the masses with Mike etc. He found out that I played instruments and is working to get me to play during special masses (like Easter etc).

I said I'd think about it.

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Cindi, you would do very well. It is always great for the congregation when the music is good.
Did you enjoy Kim and her husband? I don't know much about him but I have read her blog for a long time. I hope it is a good thing!
★Linda★

SaNdY said...

St. Ben's is very lucky to have you 2!! Very grateful and proud that you 2 are taking such an active role in your church!! :D