9/18/2010

September 18, 2010

Today I am grateful for the Knights of Columbus. As evidenced by the pictures below, Mike is a Knight (1st degree, but moving up!). Not only do they do a lot of good in the world, but Mike really loves getting together with the other guys and going to the meetings. They have two meetings a month - the first one is a business meeting and the second is a "social" meeting. I suspect this second meeting is just an excuse to drink beer and talk about sports...but then, I don't know - I'm not allowed to go. Perhaps part of the draw for Mike is that it's for men only and his wife isn't allowed to go with him. He spends a lot of time in my loud-mouth shadow and, while he never complains, I suspect he enjoys being around people without me answering for him all the time. Hey - I'm trying to get better! But I still once in awhile will realize that someone has asked him a question which I answered for him. It's a work in progress.




It's tootsie roll time again for the Knights, although the organization encourages you to refer to it as the "Campaign for People with Intellectual Disabilities" as the KoC has no official ties to the Tootsie Roll company. Mike has been handing out tootsie rolls for donations all weekend. Please give generously! It's for a good cause.

1 comment:

SaNdY said...

'Mike the Knight'! Love it! :D