9/21/2010

September 21, 2010

Today I am grateful for the Chicago Cubs. Because they stink this year, I was able to snatch up two tickets to tonight's game for $35. Total! Ask any Chicagoan and they'll tell you, that's a damn good deal! (Here are our seats).


And I'm grateful that the Cubs were giving away pink hats tonight. Doesn't Mike look cute in his? Take a good look, because I guarantee you'll never see him wear it again.


It got darker and darker and darker.

So they pulled out the tarp and covered everything up. Good thing, because it started raining shortly after! I was grateful for this, even!


Because it created the perfect opportunity to enjoy a Ball Park frank from Wrigley Field! The official hotdog of the Chicago Cubs! (Also available at Comerica Park).


The took the tarp off, prepped the field and had to run to put the tarp back on when a deluge hit about 20 minutes later...so I guess I'm grateful that Wrigley Field employs such a dedicated grounds crew. You wouldn't catch me out there in the downpour!


And lastly - I'm grateful that Mike has internet on his cell phone.


Inexplicably, the Cubs didn't have the Tigers score posted on the scoreboard...(i.e. nobody cares - kidding! I'm kidding!). So Schmikey had to keep up on his own group of loveable losers (at least this year) on his phone. (They lost to Kansas City).

1 comment:

SaNdY said...

I'm grateful because being the writer you are (and you ARE), you turned your gratefulness into a little story, or vignette, that is a pleasure to read! :D