2/14/2009

V-day, Part II

Mike and I went to pick up my Valentine's present, but it wasn't quite ready and were told that we'd have to return about 2 p.m. (By the way I'd like to thank Kelly for introducing Mike to the phrase "Valentimes"...because now he says it incessantly. Ugh.)

Anyway, couldn't pick up my gift...so we went to Benny's and had breakfast. Ok, I had breakfast and Mike had lunch. Delish. Best. Food. Ever. If you're ever near Chicago, do yourself a favor and head to the Edgebrook Coffee Shop. Seriously. Yum.

Since we had a couple of more hours to kill and a few things to pick up, Mike took me to Target. I didn't take a picture of Target because I figure you know what it looks like. We stimulated the economy a bit and then headed back here...

...to pick up my "Valentimes" present. Isn't it beautiful? I'm smitten.
Tonight we're having Sergio and his girlfriend over for dinner, so after I oohed and aahed over my new sparkly, we headed to the grocery store across the street from the coffee shop and the jewelry store. Happy foods. We got a happy cart and bought some happy stuff for dinner.
We certainly left happy, because the prices are way lower than at Dominick's! We may be happy shoppers more often. Tonight's menu, you ask? Cornish game hen, mashed potatoes with gravy, asparagus and salad. Will there be pictures? Uh...duh! You have read this blog before, right? I am a maniac about taking pictures of my food.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

WOWZA! love the ring! good job on the VALENTIME'S gift mike!

and cindi...um hello?? what did you get him???

SaNdY said...

Your Valentime's gift is lovely, Cindi...what sort of stone is it??