2/14/2009

And So It Begins

And so begins the...well, let's do the math. Valentine's Day of 1996 I knew Mike but we weren't dating yet...so I guess we'd have to really start with 1997. Hrm...carry the 2...

And so begins the thirteenth Valentine's Day I have spent with this man. As you can see, he's very excited about the prospect.

Very, very excited....

But at least somebody..err...kitty...appreciates me! Mommy's awake, so it's time to make our move.

Furio always has some kisses for Mommy - but especially on Valentine's Day.

Then the petting and purring begins. This is a once a day opportunity. He is not a cuddler, but he loves getting attention in the morning.

As you can see, though, even though Mommy's the one giving the scratchies, he's Daddy's boy and he watches for any sign that Daddy's awake.

Ah, yes! At last, at last!

But Mom's pretty good at that scratching thing, too...so he magnanimously agrees to be an equal opportunity scratchee.

And then when he's had enough and all you can see is his fuzzy, brown butt as he exits.

But, at least I finally hear the shower running - which means Mike has finally decided to make his debut into the world. Time to get the party started! YaY!

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Mike is displaying the same excitement I did "ringing in the New Year" and my 62nd birthday!

Kelly said...

awwww. kitty looks sooo happy! how cute.

SaNdY said...

I love your photo stories, Cindi!!