2/15/2009

A Day at IKEA

Originally my dad was going to come up for the weekend - to visit and to take us to IKEA in his big truck so that I could surprise Mike with his much longed for chair for Valentine's Day. But then the weatherman said snow and so he canceled. No problem. Better safe than sorry. I told Mike what I had previously planned and promised him that we'd get his chair another day when we had a way to bring it home.

Then last night, just before the "bro-date," Dad called and asked me if I had Monday off, because the snow had basically melted right away and the roads were clear. Mike has Monday off, but I don't. He'd thought about coming up Sunday afternoon and spending Monday with us, but since I had to work he wasn't sure if he'd come. I suggested that he come up Sunday morning and spend the day...then I reminded him that if he left Saturday afternoon, he could pick up Jerry's pizza (I know you don't like it, Aunt Linda, but it's our fave!) to bring up, spend the night and spend Sunday with us. He said he'd think about it. We didn't hear anything until he arrived at the front door - pizza in hand. Yummo! .

Then today we hooked up with Sarah and Lyric and had breakfast at Baker's Square before heading off to IKEA. Sarah'd never been!

Lyric brings her baby pretty much everywhere.


Shhhh! The baby's asleep.


In the truck - we're on our way to IKEA!!!
Much to my regret, I left my camera in the car when we went into IKEA. It was a lot of fun to go with Lyric. They have all the different rooms set up throughout the store and we had to stop in several different places to "play kitchen" and "play bed." Playing kitchen consisted of us going into several different display kitchens and cooking invisible dinners, eating, washing invisible dishes, warming up invisible leftovers etc. Playing bed consisted of Lyric crawling under the covers of all the different display beds and pretending to sleep.

We had lots of fun and Mike got the V-day present that he really, really wanted.

No comments: