7/27/2006

Give ME a break...

I still have not received my first check from unemployment yet. I called today and they told me that a check had been issued on July 18th and that if I hadn't received it by next Tuesday they can reissue it.

Then later on I received a letter from the unemployment office that they sent yesterday. Apparently, there has been a question raised about my availability for work the last couple of weeks...whatever that means. I still haven't been able to get ahold of the guy on the paper so he can explain what it means. What I know it DOES mean is that I now have to interview with Mr. Charles Johnson to settle this issue. They'll call me and ask me some questions and then tell me whether or not I'm still eligible. If I'm not eligible, I'll have to give them back the check they've supposedly sent to me. Great. Why can't anything be EASY?

I'll try and call again tomorrow to figure out what I'll have to have when they call or when I go into their office, since the time they scheduled my interview for is a time when I plan to be in Iowa visiting my parents. If EWU is trying to get out of paying me a puny little amount of unemployment over this two month period, I swear that I'm going to quit. I already work way too hard for the amount that they pay me. But I'm getting ahead of myself...maybe they had nothing to do with it. It's always possible I hit a wrong button when I certified via telephone last week and that this will be a quick thing to correct.

What really frosted my cookie was the fact that they supposedly sent a check on the 18th that I still haven't gotten. But when they question my eligibility, I got that m-fer the NEXT DAY. It makes me want to go out in the back yard and yell swear words at the top of my lungs.

I guess it's a good thing Mike and I like pasta. We may be eating a lot of it. Feh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Cindi....I hope your cookie gets unfrosted....BTW, love that saying,'frosted my cookie', it's a good one...