7/24/2006

Gimme a break...

The bad news this week is that my skeletal structure is no longer intact. I had an MRI on Wednesday that showed an inch-long hairline fracture on my right humerus near the shoulder.
The pain has gone down considerably since last week and I'm able to raise my arm up and to the side without too much trouble. I'm supposed to have it in a sling for a few weeks, but that is more uncomfortable and I hate the feeling of looking like a gimp.

There'll be no kickball for me for 3 weeks. The team keeps rolling on though. Caleb is in town and he and I cheered on our team to a 6-3 win.

This weekend we went to see Pirates 2 (I slept through much of it) and Hammond's Festival of the Lakes where I also had to inspect a bunch of food vendors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just HAD to inspect the food vendors huh?? LOL

Anonymous said...

Just suck it up and wear the stupid sling already!!! You may get some sympathy!! So, I take it that fractures of the humerus aren't humorous?? Was it hard to for an all-star kick-ball player like you to be on the sidelines, cheering for his team, but unable to play?? Seriously, I hope you heal up fast!! Love you, mOm

Anonymous said...

soooo...you think that a sling would make you look like a gimp?? not just your everyday self?? ha! (mike laugh). just joking. put a bag of frozen peas on it and call me in the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

When kelly read the entry allowed, the immediate thought was "Mike get this from his past episode of getting drunk after kickball and falling into bed?"... hmmm... what's the REAL story here?

Anonymous said...

woah scott. were YOU drunk when you wrote that?? 'allowed' or OUT LOUD. 'mike get this from..." or mike GOT that from...woah.