1/15/2006

Yeah. That's right. I'm blogging.

Wow, my first post. How exciting. I guess I'll start with a recap of this weekend's events so far. Yesterday, I came home from work and suggested to Cindi and her friend, Barb, that we go to the hockey game. It was a pretty good game too. Despite the crappy weather outside, it was a sold out game. Several of both teams' better players were out with injuries (Khabibulin and Aucoin for Chicago, and "Super" Mario Lemieux for Pittsburgh), but it was a chance to see Penguins rookie phenom Sidney Crosby play. He assisted on Pittsburgh's only goal, but the Hawks had him pretty much bottled up the whole night. The Hawks scored 3 quick goals in the first period and hung on to win, 4-1. Ex- Wing Marty Lapointe scored for the Hawks, so that was cool. Cindi got her new hat, so I inherited her other Hawks skull cap.

Not too much happened today (Saturday). I slept in and watched the Wings battle the Rangers. I was hoping to see Shanny get his hat trick, but he came up short.

And for the record, there is nothing wrong with me listening to Merle Haggard. You know you love him too, Cindi! "Sing me back home..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read what you write today---but I am your mom!!! Love you!! =]