1/25/2006

Snippets

In an attempt to keep my readers informed and from wandering to other less interesting web sites, I must update. Thanks Mom, for the kick in the butt to get back on the blogging horse. Without further ado, my spurs are a-janglin'.

Congrats to the Detroit Pistons, who are now 35-5. Remember 1984 when a certain professional sports team from Detroit started out at 35-5 and won the World Series? It's hard to believe that this team could be even better than the team that dismantled the Lakers two years ago. Billups for MVP.

Two books I'm currently reading are David Egger's "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" and Neil Peart's (drummer in Rush) "Traveling Music." Egger's work is in the David Sedaris vein and is just as brilliant and entertaining.

I applied for a job the other day as an Epidemiologist for the Cook County Health Department. Sounds important, right? It'll probably be a few weeks before they start interviewing.

On a serious note, our thoughts are with Cindi's mom, Linda, who is currently in the hospital recovering from a heart attack and subsequent surgery. Please include her and her family in your prayers. We will be heading out for Iowa on Friday morning.

Also, a belated RIP to Wilson Pickett, one of the great entertainers and singers of all time, who left us last week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, 'Epidemiologist' sounds very important, sounds like a doctor to me!! Here's an example of a future conversation: Random person says to Mike, 'And what do you do?' Mike replies, 'I'm an epidemiologist!' Random person is flabbergasted, and he/she replies, 'Whoa, spread out!' Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Have a safe trip to Ioway---don't make Cindi's mom laugh too hard!! I'm praying for her...love, mOm

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Cindi's mom and her family.

Anonymous said...

Prayer works and many are coming Linda's way - get well soon! Love, hugs and kisses, me.