1/14/2006

Titles are overrated...

Our friend Rachael called about 11 o'clock this morning. The flowers for our wedding are almost done! I was very impressed! She's finished pretty much everything in less than a week. She also has preliminary hotel information gathered up. So if you are attending my wedding, make sure you let me know so I can count you in the number of rooms we'll need to reserve for that weekend.

Amazingly I was awake when she called. Schmikey and I went to a Blackhawks game last night. Actually, I was a total slug all day. I met my friend Barb for lunch at SanTullo's but it was raining and cold. We were going to go to the Museum of Contemporary Art. By the time I got to the restaurant, it was sleeting and I had forgotten both hat and umbrella. After briefly considering a trip down the street to the bookstore which I decided wasn't a good idea (Mike would KILL me if I bought something - his motto is, "If you wanna book, I'll take you to the library.), we ended up catching the bus back to my house where we sat like garden slugs drinking hot tea, eating pringles and watching courtroom shows on tv for four hours until Mike got home. Barb kept saying, "We should have worked on our lesson plans." Feh. I have four days to do that. I needed a garden slug day! But I digress.

Mike got home, looked at Barb and turned the puppy dog eyes on me. Then he said, "I guess we're not going to the hockey game, huh?" ((Keep in mind, I had mentioned this game a week ago and he said something like, "Oh. I dunno. Maybe.")) So I asked Barb if she wanted to go with. She's one of the most professional proper people I've ever met so I totally expected her to politely decline the invite. She wanted to go, though - so we took in the Blackhawks-Penguins game last night. Not only that! We bought tickets when we got there but we in early enough to get the Blackhawks Mr. Potatohead dolls. They're so cute! They have either a black eye and/or missing teeth.

During the game, Barb sat inbetween Mike and I because she'd never been to a game before and I thought he could better explain what was happening than I could. Mike didn't mind sitting next to Barb but he was afraid that he would end up with Barb on the Jumbotron "Kiss Me" screen.

After the game, I went to Fandemonium to look for a red fuzzy Blackhawks hat. I couldn't find one but I did locate a white fuzzy Blackhawks hat and so all was right in the world. As we were waiting to pay a guy told Barb he'd give her $20 for her potatohead. She didn't want to give him up but I told the guy he could have mine. Since Mike and I each paid $10 to get into the game, we basically got our tickets for a potatohead and since we had two between us, we definitely came out ahead in the deal.

The only thing we did today was eat at Arby's. Well, that's not quite true. The only thing *I* did today was to eat at Arby's. Mike's been bustling around cleaning up all evening. He's making me tired. Whew. Time to take a break.

Stay tuned for pictures of Potatohead Khabibulin and my new white fuzzy hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cindi - you are so funny. you can make a boring day sound so entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Those potato-head dolls with 'mithing' teeth and black eyes sound hilarious!!! Love your unique way of describing everything! Can't wait to read more!! Sandy =]