12/30/2008

I'm Home! YaY!

So I made it through my surgery with no complications to date. I was on lots of morphine until they removed my gall bladder about 11 a.m. on Monday. Now I'm sore, but in a much better way than before. A fun fact - you really have no idea how many every day functions are connected to your belly muscles. Moving your arms, coughing, yawning...all connected. Ouch.

Mike was with me for almost the entire time I was there. He sat and read while I dozed in my drugged haze. He called me "Mighty Morphine Power Ranger."

Anyway, a conversation with the surgeon revealed that my gall bladder was "acutely inflamed" and full of stones, so it was definitely what was causing my belly pain. And now it's gone. It's just a matter of healing these darn incisions and get the muscles to stop aching.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and phone calls.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

yeah!!! i'm glad you're home and recuperating!!! :)

SaNdY said...

Awwww, that's so cute, 'Mighty Morphine Power Ranger'!! So glad that you're back home! Love yer (stoneless)guts! :D

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are on the road to recovery....now you can get the new year off to a real bang!! Hope you continue to feel better each and every minute!!!
Love, Aunty Bren