10/26/2008

Home Again, Home Again

I drove home to Iowa to pick up my husband this weekend. I drove in on Saturday afternoon and out the next morning, basically staying only long enough to see my dad, snuggle some wiener dogs and do our laundry. (Yes, we're in our early 30's and taking our laundry home to do...what's your point? :) ) We'd hoped to get out and see some family while we were in, but there just was no time. I was glad to be having my Mike back, but I left Iowa a little heartsick for my Mom and a lot homesick for the days before she and Matt died.


I took a lot of pictures - lots of pictures of the twin wiener boys, along with the rest of the furry family. I'll try and put them up soon. But for now, bedtime. It's back to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

It still looks so very green! Makes me miss it!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It seems we missed your visit. Maybe next time.....
The boys are adorable, aren't they? Have you found homes for them yet?
Did Mike enjoy the trip with your Dad?
I think it would be abnormal if coming home wasn't a catch 22 for you. I miss your Mom and Matt, too. We all do but we go on. Your Dad still needs to see and ba with you, too. I know he sure was pleased that Mike was going with him on the trip.