9/06/2006

Where have all the readers gone?

Does anybody read this anymore? I haven't had a comment in, like, 2 months! Echo....echo....echo....

No matter. I will continue to dispense the facts regardless.

I talked to my dad today. It turns out that in January he can retire if he wants to. He'll receive widower benefits from social security and he can draw from his pension at work. He'll actually make more money this way than he would working. The only drawback being that he'll be without health insurance until medicare kicks in when he's 65. He'll be eligible for greatly discounted medical care at the VA hospital in Iowa City, though. He's thinking about it. I told him to talk to Mike's dad. He's retired and might be able to offer insight.

To top off an awful couple of weeks, I've got a cold. I'm on anti-biotics to get rid of a sinus infection and have somehow caught a cold. I'm achy, stuffed up, coughing and have a killer sore throat. I've also discovered that chamomile tea is a foul, foul beverage.

Mike's got two interviews today and one next week. Cross your fingers and send happy thoughts our way. It'd be great if he could get one of these jobs. It'd be nice if I could get an interview or two also...but one thing at a time.

I'm taking a nap. Behave!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so not true! I read your blog and left a comment! So where did it go?

Anonymous said...

i'm here! always a dedicated reader!!!! i think your goals are FANTASTIC!!!! good for you. i will pray that you are successful!