5/24/2008

Too Lazy for A Real Post Saturday

I didn't feel much like posting today, but felt like I should make some sort of effort. Then I realized that I never posted the pictures from my graduation on May 10.

Getting ready.
Dad and I after the ceremony.

Mike and I. My dad took the shot. It's off center, but I kinda like the way it gets the fountain and flowers in the background.
My dad taking a picture of the fountain and flowers for my Aunt Linda.
Me on my way across campus to the reception with Lake Michigan in the background.

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Thank you so much for the fountain photo. The tulips are outstanding!
Glad your Dad could be there for you. The lake is beautiful!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Congrats!! By the way, I love off center shots! There is something called the 1/3rd rule and that's what you are "supposed" to do. Hmmf.

SaNdY said...

Great pictures!! And yes, Kelly has taught me the 1/3 rule, just like Sara mentioned...

Kelly said...

the 1/3 rule does not imply that things have to be centered..
To use the rule of thirds, visualize a 3 x 3 grid overlaying the scene you see in your viewfinder. When composing your shot, try to locate the main objects in your photo at the intersection of these grid lines. In other words, place your main objects 1/3 up from the bottom and 1/3 over from the left, or 1/3 down from the top and 1/3 over from the right, etc.
now everyone knows. :)