7/23/2009

How Many Grouchos?

Once again, Mike and I attended Movies in the Park on Tuesday. This week the movie, Duck Soup, was combined with Chicago's attempt to break the world's record for the most number of people in one place wearing Groucho Marx glasses. The city gave away a pair of free glasses to everyone who attended (and came up and signed to get them). I didn't take too many picture, because you've already seen the park and the city...but I had to take some of us in our glasses. (And a plain one of Mike...what? He's super cute!)


(This is Martin and Gil. We met up at the park and watched the movie together. They're lots of fun!)


FUNNEL CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry - super yummy. Had to have it!





(Groucho eskimo kisses)

Once again Mike was reluctant to go because he didn't think he'd like the movie. And, indeed, I was worried because for the first five-ten minutes he was watching with an odd look on his face - not even cracking a smile. I thought, "Crap." because it would be a really long night for him if he was completely bored. Eventually I heard him laugh a few time and he said at the end that he really liked it. When I expressed the concerns that I'd had, he said, "Yeah. Well, I just had to realize that all of the jokes were gonna be corny." Uh....duh! It's the Marx Brothers!! But I was glad he liked it.

Next week we're back to high drama with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor in Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. At least it's supposed to be high drama...I've heard this is the happy 1950's version of that play - which does not end happily. Anyway - we'll see!

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

FUN!!! I love the glasses; glad you guys are getting out & having such a good time..and who can resist funnel cake????

SaNdY said...

Looks like it was all fun, including the 'fun'nel cakes!!
Love the pictures!
Ohhhh, next week should be really good, too, Liz Taylor and Old Blue Eyes.....

Charlie said...

So . . . How many "Grouchos" were there? Did they set a record? Or, do you know?