2/06/2010

When I'm Gone

So I finally watched the final two-peart last episodes of Monk. They premiered about two months ago, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch. I have always enjoyed the show, but I haven't watch it much since my mom died. It was her favorite show and the day she died was the half season finale "Mr. Monk Goes to a Rock Concert." That one sat on my tivo for a year before I could finally watch it. After I got past my mental block and watched it, I would occasionally watch other episodes, but I found that the enjoyment just wasn't the same. I always thought it weird that the show continued without its number 1 fan.

And now it's over. The last episode has aired and the major mystery solved - and I realized that I liked it better when the show was still on the air. I guess you just can't make me happy. :) I cried when they played the ending song "When I'm Gone" by Randy Newman (see below) and I realized that my mom is gone and now - so is Monk. It's completely irrational. Even if they were making new episodes, Mom's not here to see them. And to be honest, I haven't been watching regularly for the last three years.

I've just shaken my head and chalked it up to "one of those things." It doesn't really make any sense - but there it is.



Incidentally, despite claims that I've seen stating that the song is available on i-Tunes, I haven't been able to find it. I really do like the song and if you find it - I'd love to have it! Let me know.

2 comments:

SaNdY said...

((<3))

Football and Fried Rice said...

So you never renamed the blog?! What's up? I DO, however, like your signature - Sassy :)

I am bummed I didn't see you when you were in the "state" a few weeks ago!? What's up?!?!

We played some dicey tonight - thought of y'all!