8/23/2009

BBQ 2009

Mike and I haven't been blogging much lately - or reading blogs, to be honest. Our main computer came down with the blue screen of death and has been in the ICU with the Geek Squad at Best Buy for a couple of weeks. They've charged us $200 and haven't fixed it yet. Or so I can tell - I called and sat on hold for literally half an hour and when it rang back to the main switchboard for the fifth time, I hung up. I had a party to get ready for and couldn't be bothered.

Never fear, though - in the meantime, Furio has promised to keep up on all of the blog goings-on for us. If you get a comment that is full of angst and meows - well, you know where it came from.


Meme hasn't been dealing well with my dad coming up for the bbq.


The party went really well, I only took about 10 pictures and all of them were taken before everyone arrived. We had a nice group of people who came - people like Lisa who are there for me every year. She knows it's the same weekend every year, blocks out this day months ahead of time and drives into Chicago to spend the day with me - and I love her for it.

I only gave out a handful of invitations this year. (Although evite added it to my Facebook page!!! I don't think it invited everybody, thank goodness! I'm still not sure how it ended up there, though!) This event is so important to me - therapeutic. I appreciate all the people who "get" how hard this time of year is for me and take time out of their weekend to be with me and help me cope. If I could, I'd hug every single one of them again.

Mike was wonderful - prepping and cooking all the food. He's always such a good sport about it and I know that if it would make me feel better, he'd throw me a BBQ every weekend without complaint. And my dad came in (of course - he'd never miss it) and it's always great to see him.













Anyway, just a few pictures and a chance to publicly say, "Thank you!" to everyone who came to the party - and I'll see you next year. Save the date! :)

2 comments:

SaNdY said...

So glad that your party was a big success! Mmmmm, the food looked yummy!!
Hope your PC feels better soon...I am keeping my fingers crossed that our computers stay healthy for awhile....right after my laptop caught a virus about a month ago , our PC caught the 'System Security' virus which attaches to a file and is really hard to get rid of...luckily, Bob Murley and the old man were able to delete it after over 2 hours of trying....

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I'm sorry I missed it!